Previous experience with Telus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Previous experience with Telus

Post  solar on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am

I just found this blog (and what a gem...), so I'd like to share my experience.

I had just under a year and a half left on my contract with Telus when one night I lost my phone at a concert. The next day I did what any average cell phone customer would do - go to an outlet and ask about a loaner. I was refused a loaner and told that I would have to buy a new phone at full price. Hmmm...
I left without a new or loaner phone and did some quick math while walking through the mall. 14 months x an overpriced $60-a-month. What else is there?
Fido had a $40-a-month plan with the same services offered by my Telus plan AND I could get a free phone with $50 activation.

We have now these two situations:
1) 14*60 = 840+150 for crappy new phone = 990
2) 50+(40x24) = 1010

$200 cancellation? Fine. Smile

So with this information that would have meant for the remaining period of my Telus contract, it would have cost me at least $990 for the next 14 months of cell phone service.
OR
Go with Fido, get a new phone and get an extra 10 months of service for $1210.

There are many ways to look at how much money I potentially saved but I see it this way - big picture, I saved around $200 instantly and much more in the long run.
It's a good thing Telus employees are stuck-up prats with a disdain for all things good in life, instead of amicable critical thinkers with a grade school grip on math.

solar

Back to top Go down

P.S.

Post  solar on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 am

Fido customer service has been awesome. I've used both the online livechat, and called them. Both times my issue and inquiry were solved in less than 10 minutes.

solar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top